View Single Post
Old 11-23-16, 10:54 AM   #742
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I am trying something new this winter. Last winter I had all the top vents closed and only used the two side vents do venting.

This led to over 100F on sunny days. This worked very well for my fish heater but not so good for the plants.

This year I am using the one top vent adjusted it to open at its upper temp range. The two side vents are enabled.

I am now running my fish tank closed loop heater that used 138 watts. It is keeping the fish water around 68 – 70 F this is good and the greenhouse is staying under 85F. The greenhouse temp has not going under 56F so far. ( cold morning temps )

I still want to get my ventfree gas hot water installed at some point. I would like to be able to handle a week of cold cloudy weather in the winter and keep the fish water warm enough to keep my fish alive.

I am not sure when I will take on that project just yet. I need my filter and a couple things done first.

I need to add a picture for Steve.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 11-23-16 at 04:31 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote