View Single Post
Old 01-18-18, 10:29 AM   #1
stevehull
Steve Hull

Default total cost per month - $58

I now have had a full year of my 12.5 kW solar system. This supplies two houses, a shop, heated shop office, barn, barn office and 2013 Nissan Leaf.

No natural or LP gas, so my electricity bill covers 100% of lights, heating, AC and energy for Leaf.

As some may recall, I have geothermal heat pumps in both houses and a cobbled together heat pump for shop and shop office. And yes, I am still connected to the grid for those months (like now) when PV production doesn't cover my kW consumption.

My total energy bill is $58 per month. Yup total.

People say to me "I hear that PV panels don't work" or I saw (on Fox) that an EV uses more energy than a gasoline engine.

The new energy world is almost upon us. Several on the site don't trust the big auto manufacturers on EV roll out. Sadly, they are mistaken and should look to Kodak, ATT and others that asserted that the new technologies were just noise (digital cameras, cell phones).

In ten years, we will not believe what transpired and how quickly. Bash the big three, but they are out front. In particular, when the public realizes that an EV costs < 1/2 (or greater), then stand back!

I also have lots of CFLs and am transitioning to LEDs as each CFL burns out.

Don't discount the revolution that has just started.

Steve

Geo NR Gee (01-21-18)