View Single Post
Old 11-15-16, 10:48 PM   #8
b420ady
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
The easiest cheapest most reliable way to do a pump and dump system is drain to the surface. Any time you put water back into the ground, it could travel back to your source, robbing you of your heat advantage and poisoning your efficiency. People who do inject water back underground do it downstream in the aquifer or to another layer that is separate from the source layer. Either way requires a whole lot of testing and faith or courage.

Think of it this way: the ground is huge, but your borehole is not. Injecting nearly freezing water down 40 meters is only going to have 40 meters times the circumference of the borehole worth of surface area. For a 25 cm hole, that equals 31.4 square meters. Standard rules of thumb say 100 to 200 square meters per ton, so your hole is at least 5 times too small. In comparison, drawing from an effectively infinite source layer of heat, you'll have no heat transfer problems at all.
Thank you so much !
That s why I ve registered to this forum, thank you for opening my eyes so I don t end up doing extra work and expenses. So what I think I can try is to make another bore at a lower depth and a bit downhill like 10-15 meters away were the valley begins , can this work ?

JRMichler
Thank you very much for your pipe-in-pipe and coaxial heat exchanger information, for sure I will have to fallow that path but I ll have to construct it on my own at a budget so I ll start researching for some designs that I can replicate, if you have knowledge of an homemade one with good efficiency please share it with me and the rest of the readers

About your last reply, I did not do heat loss math as I don t know how do that , even thou indeed I really need it, I also have a much bigger problem now like having funds before snow comes to do the exterior styrofoam isolation and final rendering...
I don t expect this unit will match my heat requirements, but I expect to live with it this winter which is coming very fast....we already have frost, and funds are very limited so I ll have to do my best on a budget and replace my 2 KW electric radiator and 2 KW heating fan that can barely heat the space around my bed with something a bit more comfortable, and in my head this project will be another story compared to what I m running now here beside my laptop
b420ady is offline   Reply With Quote