View Single Post
Old 05-11-16, 05:45 PM   #12
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleMind View Post
Thanks for the tip on the swaging punch. I have a lot of tools, but never heard of that one, I just ordered one from an ebay vendor.
You're very welcome. That punch paid for itself a long time ago and just keeps on helping me out. Once I used it a few times, i learned it worked well for other similar tasks as well. It does a good job of rounding up tubing that has been sawed or bent in two.

The unit is working now, using the prefab controller as a brain. It look like this from the front (indoors):

Now I just have to find a window to put it in for the near future. It's too big for where I'm living now. I don't believe I'll have any trouble finding it a home, but finding a helper or two to move it with me might not be so easy. This thing is heavy! I believe for this season or year, I will leave the cap tube metering setup in it and see how it handles cool and cold weather. It will get some sort of power usage logger connected to it for some baseline measurements over a variety of conditions. Then if it gets modified, an accurate comparison can be made after the mod.

Last edited by jeff5may; 06-24-16 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: spellinf
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote