View Single Post
Old 12-25-15, 10:59 AM   #2
where2
DIY Geek

I have run one for several months. At some point, I'll probably permanently mount it somewhere, I just haven't decided precisely which location I'd like to use it in. If I could mount a pair on my generator, that would allow me to see live load conditions, and keep track of run time.

Getting the CT wires out of a home panel, along with 120V to run it while still reasonably staying within NEC rules is a little bit challenging. If you have the means to cut a rectangular hole in an electrical panel cover, you can probably get close to staying within NEC rules, except for the fact that the device isn't UL listed. I wish someone would make these widgets the size of a Decora cutout where they would snap into easily obtained covers.

If you mounted it in a reasonably large enclosure, you could put a 240V in/out setup on it and use it like a big brother to a Kill-A-Watt. It will only measure L1 or L2, not both.

It won't replace my TED 1001, or TED 5003-C, but it's good to have options in my toolbox to choose from.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote