View Single Post
Old 09-25-15, 09:41 PM   #15
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Jeff, yes I have decided to not use the control board for the fan. I will be sure to have fuses where needed and everything on a gfci.

That is a very good point about the butane. I will be careful on how I use it, if any at all. This system is mainly for heating anyway.
Sadly the unit was out of 410a when I got it. The unit had fallen out of a window and on some trash below that busted a hole in the condenser.

When I charge I am going to do like I did with the water heater and charge by outlet temp, BUT I will keep a close eye to make sure the suction side is high enough to provide needed cooling, that is the main reason I went with 3/8 instead of 1/4. Thank you for that advise, changing the "perfect" blend only matters if the system works right.

As far as cooling the compressor goes, I plan to place it right before the condenser coils so the cooler air is drawn over it. I need to post the diagram soon, but for now MORE STUFF CAME IN!

A couple cheap temp sensors to constantly measure discharge and suction temp.

A few relays

The awesome and amazing QOS-12 Oil Separator!

And just for fun, a shot with the inspection camera down the inlet! The outlet looks the exact same way.

The building begins soon. I post some final diagrams and numbers soon as well.
Attached Images

MEMPHIS91 is offline   Reply With Quote