View Single Post
Old 07-26-15, 03:14 PM   #12
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojohn View Post
After re-reading your original post you're not using your evaporator condensate water. With your air precooling water coil you would be also preheating your water before it gets to your condenser. It would seem any gain precooling your air might be a loss by preheating your condensing unit. Your a/c coils are more efficient than water coils because of refrigerant's change of state. Because of this it might be more important to supply the a/c with the coldest water possible. I think it might be a wash. I'd still look at something to do with the cold condensation water we discard.
Steve already stated he would be running parallel flows to each heat exchanger. I brought up the same point earlier. The increase in heat pump coil entering water temperature would not add much load on the condensing exchanger anyway. Same thing with the condensate water: the few btu's of heat is insignificant relative to the thousands of btu's the heat pump would be moving. Maybe a tenth of a point or two in EER or COP for how much extra complexity?
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote