View Single Post
Old 01-31-11, 02:16 AM   #38
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

Yeah the job was a done deal. Just need to pass the security check which is not a problem unless someone else out there with a similar name and birthdate is flagged then it goes to fingerprints which takes around 9 months these days. Since the job is only for a couple of months or so then I'd be out...

It turns out my new boss is a peak oil doomer like me. She's looking to get her job relocated and move or she'll just up and quit and move to a farm somewhere near here. We spent some time talking about gardens, fruit trees, my solar hotwater project.... We'll get along just fine.

Jan 30 - I bought a new soldering iron, finished the sensor group going to my kids bedrooms and the workshop and temporarily strung it across the roof.

The sensors in the kids rooms got tucked up through the holes I drilled previously and are sitting on the floor of their closets most likely. I'm hoping that's where they are because although I knew their rooms were cool at night right now the sensors read 17.31C and 16.5C when the rest of the house sensors read 19-21C.

Outside it's currently 0.5C in the front yard and -2.65C in the backyard. I'm going to relocate the front yard sensor to right beside the backyard one and test to see how close they actually are. I think the front really is close to that much warmer partially due to heat absorbed from the sun and partially due to heat escaping the window right below it. I think I can see a pattern emerging where the recroom temp climbs due to the woodstove and the outside front climbs with it but lagged by about an hour. It's subtle though so staring at a graph isn't going to cut it for determining if it's actually there. Math will be necessary.

That window is 2'x6' and just has some of those metal venitian blinds on it.

Last edited by strider3700; 01-31-11 at 03:24 AM..
strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote