View Single Post
Old 11-22-12, 02:46 AM   #3
Wayan
Lurking Renovator

the coordinates are roughly: 8.6400° S, 115.1000° E

I just ran the solar chart program and came out with a graph that looks very different to what you would get further north or south, away from the equator. All the articles I have read say that the angle of the panels should be the latitude angle plus 5 – 15° (right?). would that be the same case for a location so close to the equator as Bali?

Anyhow, that is something I would have to worry about later. Because before I even get to that stage, I still need to build my solar panels. I plan to update the progress on it once I start.
I have ordered 200 mono-crystalline 6” x 6” 4.5w cells. I wanted to actually buy solar cells from the states, since there are several vendors selling these kits. But transferring the money was a little hassle, shipping was a little expensive ($60 for 40 pcs 3x6inch from USA with UPSP, compared to $80 for 200 cells by DHL from china). On top of it, the Chinese supplier agreed to reduce the value of the invoice, which American vendors would never do, he he… I need that, because importing goods by post/courier into this country gets charged around 50%!! And that just does not help me in my goal to try and keep the price down.
Wayan is offline   Reply With Quote