View Single Post
Old 09-29-10, 09:50 AM   #205
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Can you cut the setscrew flange off of one pulley and weld that pulley to the other pulley?
The pulleys are cast iron, and I'm not sure what type of iron at that. Welding would be tricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Woohoo!

Will there be any more grass cutting to do when these are on? Seems like the grass growing season is rapidly drawing to a close.
Thankfully yeah, its pretty much done. However, it'll be a good task for the new motor having to cut through the very tall grass.

Speaking of which, I still have to run this motor in to seat the brushes completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls
1*D, as in 114°?
Not sure what you mean by that. I mean I have a 7/8" diameter shaft, I should have 7/8" of linear engagement into the pulley. I emailed my friend who works in motor testing to verify this. I'm pretty sure I'll add a capscrew at the end of the shaft with a washer or two (or hardened washer) to hold everything on and secure in addition to having the setscrews holding the pulleys on. The fit on these pulleys is much looser than what I had on the other motor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote