View Single Post
Old 07-27-23, 06:41 PM   #4
Sparky!
Lurking Renovator

Default Big changes

Well the heated floors are a success. They do get warm to the touch on long commute, no so much for its new short commute.

This chevy volt was causing my wife to be stranded on the side of the road with a reduced propulsion message. No chevy dealers in our area could work on it because they did not have any ev techs, so we hauled each time into Illinois to have it worked on. They never did find the problem and after paying $400 - 500 each tow time five times ww bought her another car. Which I absolutely love and should have bought it back when we bought the volt.

So she now drives a 2018 prius prime advanced and I drive the volt because it is less thirsty than my tundra.

I finally found out the problem with the volt on my own with the help of the internet. It ended up being crappy connections in the fuse block under the hood. Gm does a cool trick of supplying 2 different 12 volt positives to this fuse block and if they ever deviate more than 3 volts you get reduced propulsion message and then you are totally screwed on the side of the road because you cannot clear the code if the condition still exists.

The fix was to replace both relays on those two circuits and remove and reinstall the two fuses many times to make good connections again.

The car run absolutely fine now.

Did I mention that I absolutely love the new prius.

She gets around 700 - 800 miles per tank. Not bad for about 9 gallons of gas.

I took a different job in another state that's about a hour and fifteen minutes door to door. I did not want to drive this everyday so we bought a second home in Wisconsin and my daily commute is 10 miles each way. So with my new driving patern I fill up once a month.

I make another post about the modifications to the Wisconsin house.

Sparky
Sparky! is offline   Reply With Quote