View Single Post
Old 11-07-10, 07:58 PM   #4
Higgy
The Gardener

Patrick: I'm just not a two story fan. This isn't a true two story. I sometimes get knee trouble so walking up and down stair isn't super fun for me. Plus it's just my preference. I like the spread out feel of a bungalow.

Robert: If you include my basement and the basement in this place, I'm probably actually losing sq footage if I moved into this house. I'm probably close to 2900 sq feet with my basement, and this place is probably a little less then that as their basement is smaller. Again, sq footage isn't something I'm concerned about as far as house goes. I'd rather have a small house and lots of yard. I'd love a big yard. I want a bigger garden in my yard, and I'd love a greenhouse someday. It would be nice for the dogs to run around. My dog barely runs in my yard yet when we go out to friends houses outside the city she just goes crazy and runs. The air is fresher. Their are also more eco things I could do with a big yard that I can't do in a city lot. I also hate looking into my neighbors house.

This is actually only 10 minutes from where I live, so it's not a huge distance difference. Also it's only 3 minutes from the town of Lorette where my kids would go to daycare or school. And the bus comes down that road to pick up the kids for school. There's also lots of kids their age on the road too from what my co-worker tells me...including her daughter.

But you are correct, mowing that size of a yard is not my idea of enjoyment, even if it's on a riding lawn mower. If I could find a lot size double the size of mine, I'd be happy...but I'd also be paying through the nose if I bought it in the city. And that's the issue. I wish I could find my own plot of land and build my own house with my own specs as I'd rather have a super insulated house with some form of eco powering that would get me off the grid, or at least partly off the grid anyway.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote