View Single Post
Old 01-17-14, 06:54 PM   #6
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

To summarize, its solar, then the start of a long term plan of superinsulation retrofit.

I have family and friends who have said to upgrade to the condensing furnace and new AC first but I have different plans, ones that will pay off even more than exchanging the current equipment and without the huge upgrade cost. I already know that I've saved more in air sealing so far than what the upgrade from a 1985 natural draft furnace to a condensing furnace can do. I think I'll continue with the same furnace and use it as the test bed to see if skipping the natural gas entirely will allow me to pay less money in total.

I have too much to list, when I get the time I'm going to create a thread. I had a previous new year's thread of a new smaller home built to the standard of a 5000BTUhr heat load. I've determined that building a new home isn't really what I want, the commission costs of selling the house feels wasteful and I like the house I'm in now so it makes more sense to me to work with what I have. More to come in another thread.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote