View Single Post
Old 07-21-15, 09:06 PM   #40
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Check out this heat pump diagram:

You can put the outdoor txv and sensing bulb close to the reversing valve or close to your dx coil. With the txv placed close to the compressor, your lineset is utilized as part of the heat exchanger. Both lines would need to be able to flow low pressure vapor-liquid-oil froth both in and out. With the txv installed next to the dx coil, the line between the two txv's is a liquid line, and can be downsized since it will always contain slow-moving high pressure liquid.
Awesome diagram. Thank you. I think I understand what your saying now.
As I see it the compressor and reversing valve will be right beside the house. Then the copper 3/4 lines that go to the manifold will go straight down 6+ feet into the ground out to the manifold under water. So I really don't have a choice as to where I put the txv on the outside. Therefore both lines will have to handle the low pressure vapor-liquid-oil froth.Is 3/4 enough to handle that? 7/8 copper wasn't too much more expensive.

"the Active Charge Control and Liquid Flow Control" is a quote from the artical above. The TXV is the Liquid Flow Control. What is the Active Charge Control?
MEMPHIS91 is offline   Reply With Quote