View Single Post
Old 06-09-15, 11:23 AM   #1752
Marc_NL
Lurking Renovator

Default Danfoss DHP-C 6

So, the auction ended today and much to my surprise I got away with buying a GSHP for the opening bid which including auction fees and taxes is around USD 2000, new on pallet. I seriously don't understand the way people buy at auctions, because an identical unit went for 50% more.

Anyway, it is a Danfoss DHP-C 6 which is a 6kW heat pump including 180L DHW tank (with electrical back-up heating up to 9kW) and including the heat exchanger for 'natural' cooling (without the heat pump active). It is rated at a COP of slightly above 4 (including pumps) for 0C water in and 35C water out (which is more than enough for the underfloor heating). Surely the COP for DHW will be much lower.

I think this price is just perfect. I might have been able to DIY one for this, but apart from that even the chinese no-brand units would have cost me more.

However, as this is the DIY heat pump manifesto thread, this is no place for me to continue on rambling. Many thanks for all the info here which inspired me to start looking for a donor unit (and ended up with finding a complete unit...) and for the constructive look at our plans. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the unit just bought or any of the house plans. Our plan is to get a sort of blog / website online detailing our plans and progress. Hopefully I may contact you guys for any future general eco-friendly house conversations.

Regards, Marc
Marc_NL is offline   Reply With Quote