View Single Post
Old 06-04-09, 12:03 PM   #4
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
Agree as well. It's all about the almighty dollar and how much can I make before I die and who cares about this planet cause I'll probably be dead before the worst happens.
Sounds like a lot of people that I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
People are stupid. And if we're this stupid that the majority of us can't even put a plan together to take care of this planet and all that's on it, then maybe we deserve what's coming to us.
There is a part of me which sometimes wishes people would do something really stupid and put the whole race out. Unfortunately, this probably means taking the planet, and all of the beautiful things on it, with us, and that's not something I'd like to happen. Plus, not all people should disappear, though that maybe the best option.

If only each person lived in an airtight bubble, and inside would be their share of all of the CO2, methane, exhaust fumes, and other toxic gasses they took part in creating/releasing, or all of the oxygen from all of the trees they helped plant. It'd be their decision what they want to breathe. On the other hand, even today there are lots of people who voluntarily inhale smoke from cigarettes, or things much more vile (and not always legal).
Piwoslaw is offline   Reply With Quote