View Single Post
Old 04-06-14, 08:35 PM   #7
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

Thanks a ton for measuring this. I had a few reasons to ask. The first being that I got two free 1.5GPM Niagara Conservation Earth shower heads from my gas company for free by mailing in the request form that they provide with their bill or the form on their site.

My 1.5GPM rated Niagara heads use 1.3GPM with whatever my city water pressure is during the winter, which I figure is higher than summer when everyone is watering their lawns and the water tower might not be as full. I found this interesting because I have a 1.5 GPM Waterpik shower head that uses 1.75GPM. So I had a feeling that maybe the 1.25GPM head and the 1.5GPM head from Niagara conservation were the same. I figured if they were different, I'd consider buying the 1.25GPM head and if they were the same I wouldn't drop the money. Since Daox is measuring significantly less water water usage than I am with my 1.5GPM, I'm going to buy the 1.25 now. .77GPM is great! ..especially compared to the 1.75GPM that my Waterpik uses which is over twice the flow.

I'm thinking of going with the 12kw unit since I keep my house with a very cold setback and if I get home and want to warm up with a quick shower, it's important that the water is hot enough. I'm still stepping down the flow to whatever the 1.25GPM head gives.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote