View Single Post
Old 01-28-17, 02:20 AM   #1
Acuario
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Default Predicting future heating/cooling needs

Under floor heating/cooling is great but is very slow to respond to changing load requirements, typically (in my case) response times are 1-2 hours.

When there is a meteorological temperature change the loading requirements on the system also change. As I don't have individual thermostats controlling flow rates through the collector valves the change is notable. As I attempt to run the water at the minimum temperature required for comfortable living (= least energy consumed and no mixer valves to control maximum temperature) I have to increase the required water temperature and/or switch on the second heat pump to give a boost. This then takes time to take effect, typically 1-2 hours.

I got thinking, wouldn't it be cool (excuse the pun) if I knew future predicted temperatures I could automatically adjust the temperature to cater for the lag and thus not have to manually adjust things.

So much exists on the internet now so I went looking for a weather feed and found one at Сurrent weather and forecast- OpenWeatherMap, they provide a 3 hour (as well as many more) forecast, perfect for my needs.

Next up (while I'm waiting for the pressure sensors to arrive for the defrost project).. see if I can integrate the feed into my controller.

Acuario

Acuario is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acuario For This Useful Post:
stevehull (01-28-17)