View Single Post
Old 04-11-12, 03:24 PM   #6
Acuario
Apprentice EcoRenovator

As far as I'm aware the machine works. It was unmounted, covered in cobwebs and in a garage and I know nothing of its history.The present owner of the house inherited it. The previous owner (who I knew) was a bit of a hoarder of junk 'just in case...'. It's missing the remote control. I'm planning to connect it up to check it out before I go too far though.

I'm not planning to replace the BLDC circuit - why bother when it (I hope) works. More a case of 'hacking' the internal units control circuit to get the external unit to do what I want. Initially using the existing control which will, I hope, enable me to decode the serial data stream. Then build my own 'indoor unit' controller using a PIC or similar (maybe a Raspberry PI - now there's an idea, I have one on order....)

As and when I get it going then maybe I'll replace my Mitsubishi that is running the heating to the house as this unit has a higher capacity (the Mitsubishi is around 6Kw ish and a conventional compressor), or maybe not.. the fun is in getting it to work.

Nigel
Acuario is offline   Reply With Quote