View Single Post
Old 10-01-12, 08:54 AM   #13
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by classradiance View Post
...What is the power of the LED ?
The ones I've looked at so far are 3-watts. The first one was made up of 3 1-watt LEDs and the second had one 3-watt LED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classradiance View Post
And remember, up high pointed down might give you a nice effect ..
(* I'm not sure when you say, "...up high pointed down...", if you mean using a downlight aimed upwards as a source for bounced lighting, or if you mean putting the downlight assembly at the very highest point in the room? I'm assuming you mean the former...*)

I think you are quite right about that, and I have considered each of these bulbs in that context. One thing that I consider is the merits of CFL vs. LED lighting. CFL is usually less directed than most LED lights, but CFL has a higher light output per watt (at least at this point in the development of the technologies). So I consider CFL to usually be a better candidate for fill or indirect lighting.

However, regarding your comment... for my very specialized application (inside a very small shower) indirect, bounced or fill light could be a problem.

I am trying to anticipate potential water intrusion, and light assemblies that could be, at best water-proof, or at least water-resistant, are what I'm looking for.

Best,

-AC