View Single Post
Old 11-23-11, 08:01 PM   #1008
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default The results of 30 hrs of running the GSHP

I had left the GSHP purr away all night. The office floor temp made it to a solid 75 Deg F. The shop area never made it past 62 Deg F The overnight outside temp dipped below freezing with some wind. The ground loop temp didn't change. Although the shop is comfortable enough now but when winter takes a big dip I don't think it will remain so. As AC hacker had suggested I played with the amout of refrigerant charge.With the gauge set installed and the amp meter as well as a digital temp probe on the highside tube a temp of 176 Deg F was read. Adding a little propane slowly got me to 179 Deg F the current draw didn't change much the high side pressure rose 10 psi. As more propane was added the current rose to 7.5 A and the temp dropped. As I removed propane the temp peaked and then dropped again and the current dropped. The sweet spot is 210 psi High 45 psi low 6.4 A and 179 Deg F out to the HX. Well it looks like the verdict is in, we need to step up to the 3.5T compressor. Thanks for the help and inspiration

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote