View Single Post
Old 11-22-11, 08:25 PM   #1006
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default Now lets see what the home brew GSHP is made of!!

This past weekend the homemade GSHP was installed. As you may remember the shop is about 1800 sq ft. and insulated well. The office area is aprox 600 sqft with infloor heat and the balance shop area is to be heated with a air- handler. The heat pump was built around a 2 Ton air-condition compressor. In the test phase it put out about 18KBtu/H. For now the ground loop only has water in-case we decide to change to a 3.5T compressor unit it will be less of a mess. The numbers are as follows: Incoming ground loop temp 55 deg F Out to ground loop 53 Deg F. By these numbers the flow rate is good. The temp out from the GSHP to the shop air handler and infloor heat is 82 Deg F return is 72 Deg. After running for the whole day (8 Hrs) with an outside temp 34 Deg. the shop only made it to 62 Deg F. The office floor only 66 deg. The air handler is putting out air at 78 Deg F. I'm going to let it run through the night 24 Hrs to see if we have maxed out. The electrical energy in is a whopping 1290 watts. If we can make 76 deg in the shop and or infloor temp. I can live with that otherwise a larger source will be needed. If I could ask AC Hacker; do you run your GSHP continually? and what performance do you see.

Randen
Attached Images

randen is offline   Reply With Quote