View Single Post
Old 11-16-15, 03:52 PM   #5
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater! You've offloaded the work onto other devices! You're supposed to strain the dev board! Just kidding.

In the general purpose controller discussion, many of the contributors could not grasp the idea that the dev board (either uno or mega) should not need to do everything itself. The wish list of functions became so enormous that both ac_hacker and I could not reel in the diversity of devices that were built by many for their own specific sets of needs. My iteration is very basic: it reads a single onewire thermometer and functions as a thermostat with auto changeover. It would be AWESOME if it could speak WiFi, Ethernet or USB with a more intelligent sand-based lifeform. Having a defrost control built into the uno is a primary goal for a unit I am pondering right now.

Ok, so your arduino is acting as an Ethernet to rs485 bridge and a humidity sensor? Are you still using an rtos or did you switch back to wiring/python/c? What else does it do? I'm very interested.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
TechShop (11-16-15)