View Single Post
Old 10-05-09, 07:38 AM   #116
Daox
Administrator

Thats exactly what I thought when his secretary said 150Ah. I had to speak with him directly to verify. This weekend I talked with one of the more battery wise members of the local EV club and he explained things to me. What happens is they can use more plates in the battery to get the amp hours up. However, this means that the plates must be made thinner. This effectively shortens the overall battery life (how many cycles you get out of them). He suggested that since I went with these batteries that I really try hard to not bring them down below 50% DOD to maintain long battery life. He had suggested Trojan T1275s to begin with since they use a much thicker plate and they can hold up to more cycles. However, those batteries cost upwards of $180 and I wasn't willing to dump $540 in batteries on my first EV project.

I also haven't heard anything from the battery supplier. I'll be giving them a call today to see what the status of the batteries is. I returned Ben Nelson's gel cells this weekend, so I have nothing to run the mower with at the moment. I'd really love to get the battery racks made and get everything bolted down so I can finish up this project.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 10-05-09 at 07:41 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote