View Single Post
Old 12-25-11, 03:41 PM   #3
PeterLee1980
Lurking Renovator

Hi Kenny,

I'll see if I can take some pictures. I really should have along the way. It's a pretty straight forward install. I have the evaporator mounted on an exterior wall and the condenser is on just the other side.

I have the LS121HSV as well.

Are you planning on doing the start up yourself or getting a contractor to do the vacuum and refrigeration release?

One thing I did notice on this unit, I used two runs of 1/2" liquid tite plastic grey conduit, one to supply 240v to the condenser from the disconnect and the other run between the evap and the condenser for both power and a control wire. The location where you terminate the 1/2" conduit at the condenser is below the refrigerant lines and there is an opening on the plastic cover that allows the lineset and the conduit to get to the condenser. There is no possible way I could get the lineset and two runs of 1/2" liquid tite plastic grey conduit into the opening provided. I haven't done it yet, but I plan to cut the plastic cover piece to give room for the two 1/2" conduits to get to the condenser. I don't really see how the provided opening in the plastic over is large enough for anything other than the line sets.

I'll take a picture and show you what I'm talking about since I am sure that paragraph makes no sense

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
PeterLee1980 is offline   Reply With Quote