View Single Post
Old 01-27-11, 05:42 PM   #296
gogigaga
Lurking Renovator

I've working on my installation off and on for the last few weeks. At last yesterday I completed installing my multi-zone system. With some hiccups all the tests and procedures went smoothly. I ran the AC for a few minutes in the night and everything seemed to be working fine. I wanted to run the AC overnight so put my bedroom inside unit to heat at 68 degrees. When I woke up all three units were showing error code CH26. So after a little research on the net I switched the outside unit off from the disconnect box for few minutes to reset the system. When I restarted the outside unit I ran all 3 inside units one at a time in test mode. The units turned off on its own after running for 18 minutes which meant the test was good. I think the test only runs cooler so I set one of the inside units to heat the room at 86 degrees. It started fine pumping out some heat in the room but after 5 minutes all the units again showed error CH26.
At this point I called LG technical support I was told that CH26 means "Inverter compressor seized." upon further research I found this page "http://www.hawco.co.uk/userfiles/MediaLibrary/LG%20List%20of%20SMS%20answers.pdf" which has the following explanation for error code CH25 "Inverter compressor seized. Check compressor windings all equal resistance 1 to 4 Ohms, check to earth 50 MOhm minimum, check run current and Inverter outputs". I could not figure out what this means exactly. I am hoping some on this forum could point me in the right direction.

Just now I reset the system again and just ran 1 inside unit at 86 degrees. it ran fine for a while but this time instead of an error the inside unit just shut down completely and I am not able to turn it on.

One thing I noticed and am not sure whether it is normal. When the outside units start it makes some noises. Somewhat like when you are trying to start a old car unsuccessfully.

Any help is appreciated.
gogigaga is offline   Reply With Quote