View Single Post
Old 07-02-16, 11:53 AM   #29
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

It is truly rewarding to take a risk and come out with a win.

Early days. Well. Day. One day of recorded input/output. But the increased efficiency is startling. I love the near absence of voltage drop on surge. My lights used to flicker noticeably when the fridge kicked on. Not sure if it's the lack of voltage drop or the easier time the 48v inverter has converting to 120v.

Ran the dishwasher. And the fridge still kicked on. I was worried that going down a bit in power with the relatively small Victron might cause problems there. But nope. So all is well on Creeky's camp.

I'm also kind of shocked how bad the lead plates in the old batts are. When I checked them last summer they were pretty clean. But not anymore. So I'm going to take them to the recycle depot next week. I had thought someone else might get a few more years out of them ... uh. no.

Still on the hunt for a BMS solution. I'm probably going active. I think I have it figured out wiring wise. Basically 12s6p. Kind of funny. Each battery is 3p per cell. In 12s. And i'm going to balance the 6p tied together in 1 12s string.

Makes my pack 3p12s6p?

The morningstar controllers are both working to spec. Wiring all tested out perfect. All batteries were 47.6 after the first night of discharge. Pack recharged in 2 hours. So all is good there.

At 12v I was over paneled (1kw per 60a controller) to compensate for late fall/early winter cloud. Now I'm getting the full 1kw out of each set. Should be interesting when the cold season comes to see what maximum watts I can pull.

I think I have more "float" voltage adjustments to try. Along with wiring clean up and installation fiddle faddlin' to do.

But she's up and running. Feels good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog that is down right now but will return
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote