View Single Post
Old 06-16-16, 05:05 PM   #24
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Thx for the vote of encouragement Steve. The blog is my message to my self 50 years ago. Smile. (Kind of kidding).

I've found some hints online that the BMS is on its own bus/communications network. Evidently I can fire it up if I find the right power connectors. Takes 12v power. We'll see what comes of that. I cannot program. And what I know about CAN is that its spelled c-a-n.

RESULTS: Day two. Charge tests.

As noted, I hooked up 2 x 48 to the controller. Well. Surprise. Surprise. The two batteries charged with 1370 watts. That's 685/pack. Within 25w of the previous single pack (710).

If that isn't good enough. Idle/power load on the TS with ethernet is about 75w/day. So most of that missing 25w can be attributed to the additional load of 1 battery vs 2 carrying the controller.

All 24 cells come in at 4.02. Exactly on target. There is startlingly little capacity fade. After charging (I tried 30 min absorb, seems to have made 0 difference) the battery stays at the charge as set on the controller.

I now have 3 of six packs ready for launch.

I have the inverter (a test inverter, small Victron) coming. I am contemplating doing two isolated installations. Or tough out the low power inverter until something better comes along.

I have 5 meter long M6 threaded rods coming. This will allow me to assemble the reconfigured packs.

Getting there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog that is down right now but will return
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote