View Single Post
Old 11-01-12, 07:24 PM   #6
S-F
You Ain't Me

Sorry, I misread your previous post and said a bunch of things which must have seemed nutty. I don't know about the netting you're using so I can't comment on that and I also don't have much experience with blown fiberglass for the reasons previously mentioned.

I just went back over your first post in this thread and I can tell you that the machines they rent at Home Cheapo, at least in New England, aren't capable of dense packing cellulose. They simply don't have strong enough blowers. Also they don't have a tigerflex hose so even if they were strong enough, you'd have to go out and buy your own adapters and a hose. You might want to check out lumber yards to source a suitable machine. But maybe you only need 1 pound per ft. with blown firberglass. I doubt it though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chipping away on a daily basis.

Quote:
You know you're an ecorenovator if anything worth insulating is worth superinsulating.
Quote:
S-F: "What happens when you slam the door on a really tight house? Do the basement windows blow out?"

Green Building Guru: "You can't slam the door on a really tight house. You have to work to pull it shut."
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to S-F For This Useful Post:
Exeric (11-01-12)