View Single Post
Old 10-27-12, 09:53 PM   #9
osolemio
Hong Kong

Plants!

This MUST be the solution, and how much more green can you get?

Plants take up CO2 (but only as they grow), and produce oxygen - opposite that of humans - and this is essentially the basis of our ecosystem.

There are plants in the desert, as cactus, that survives by taking moisture from the air. I wonder if this process has a net absorption of moisture, or maybe it just cycles back to the air?

If the moisture in the air combines with CO2 to make a dryer and more oxygen rich air ... then it is a question of finding the plant which is most efficient at just this process. And I think, looking in a desert would be a good start.

Any takes on this?

As with the salts used for drying, if the process does not have a NET absorption of moisture, then it is only useful if the plants/salts are cycled to give off moisture outside of the environment which we want to dehumidify ...

I hope there are some users out there who can bring more into this subject ...