View Single Post
Old 11-16-16, 05:08 PM   #15
b420ady
Helper EcoRenovator

I ve managed to bring home half of the unit today ..... I mean the indoor unit + 2 remotes
I could not get the outdoor unit because it could simply not fit through my car back door or trunk
anyway I paid half of the price with the agreement that he will deliver the outdoor unit with his car in the weekend and I ll pay the trip costs to here also.

After reading the label from indoor unit I ve found out that the heating power in the actual setup is 7.8 KW which is 26614 BTU , so the COP of this unit now is 3.12
I ve seen that all the pipes and wires were just cut short .... is that normal to cut them so short ??? I mean I will pay a technician to weld the pipes and fill it with refrigerant and pay it as a normal AC Unit install service which should be less than 100 USD + the pipes cost and trip to country side paid for the technician... but I don t know exactly if he can weld them because they are so short .... how do I deal with this ?

The outdoor unit looks better than the indoor one .... I mean the indoor unit its full of paint and dirt and maybe a mice nest inside as it was stored in the yard... i just made this photos for today and I ll investigate and clean it more in the next days....I think I will need some acetone to remove the paint or what ? Can you point some substances to make it look nice again and more white as its pretty yellow now .... Or I can paint it with something at the end ???

I have some new questions:

-how far away I can put the outdoor unit from the indoor unit ? because the well is inside a small 1x2m basement construct 1,5 meters away from the house and I m thinking to host the outdoor unit there, but in order to put the indoor unit to blow from the living room pointing to the bedrooms doors I will have to go a much longer path around the house

- can I add somehow to the system another heat exchanger or desuperheater or what is its name to preheat also water for a electric boiler for the bathroom and kitchen ?
Attached Images

b420ady is offline   Reply With Quote