Thread: Split install
View Single Post
Old 02-21-16, 10:57 AM   #4
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

Ask yourself , how much HVAC or construction or DIY experience you have . Same question on tooling .

Ask yourself how much studying you are willing to do . How much work you are willing to do . Will you have any help . What is their knowledge base .

How much are you willing to spend on tooling ?

Most anyone can buy a window unit , set it in the window , adjust the side pieces , close the window & plug the cord in ( especially if the unit is 120 VAC ) .

Any kind of split system involves dealing with refrigeration lines and refrigerant . And all that entails . Are you up to that ?

So , if you are going ahead with it , sit down and start making a list . What room do you wish to install the mini split in ? How many square feet is the room ? Does it face N , S , E or W ? Sots of windows or few ? How well is it insulated .

Now , you can start to decide the capacity ( BTU's ) you will need . If you need help , ask and I am sure someone here can help .

Now , decide on your budget . Figure out what your tooling cost will add up to . Subtract that from your budget . The difference is the amount you have to spend on HVAC equipment .

I recommend you buy the highest efficiency equipment , that you can , with in those dollar amount .

We have installed 2 MS's in out house . If it was not for cost , I would install more .

God bless
Wyr
WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote