View Single Post
Old 02-27-11, 06:47 PM   #607
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReedB View Post
I've been searching through through the posts on this forum looking for refrigeration engineering book recommendations and not finding any except for yours on the Oszczak's book. Unfortunately I don't read Polish. Does any one have any book recommendations in English, or better yet a reading list? For background, I'm an engineer, and am comfortable reading technical books. The DIY chapter described in Oszczak's book sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks to all, esp. AC_Hacker for this forum.
ReedB,

Welcome aboard!

I'm looking for a good engineering-oriented refrigeration book also, so if you come up with anything, please let me know.

In the meantime, here is a link to a refrigeration catalog that was posted by Vlad. It's a parts catalog, but in the catalog there is information that is useful for sizing components in a refrigeration system.

Also here is a list of downloadable documents (provided earlier in the thread, but worth repeating) that provide the basic conceptual information for understanding refrigeration systems...
My goal in this thread is to put forth the information required to successfully build an efficient homemade heat pump, and explain it in a way that an extensive technical background is not required... a technical background can't really hurt, however.

So, ReedB, I hope this helps a bit. I hope your attempts with making your own heat pump are successful, and I hope you continue to be part of this conversation... we can use all the help we can get.

Regards,

-AC_Hacker