View Single Post
Old 02-27-11, 09:31 AM   #604
okpiddler
Lurking Renovator

AC I certainly have a lot of info to give, it may take me awhile and I will pobably not be very detailed at first. You guys will have to ask questions to get it all out of me for sure.
My first mistake was not even thinking about energy efficiency when we built the house 5 yrs ago. I should have known, just to busy doing all the other stuff. I have had some refrigeration classes back in 94 while laid off from my Aircraft Mechanic job. The only thing I did was put the tubing in the slab.
A litttle more of my background, or bragging! I worked for myself for a short time on many different machines with refrigerant in them. Cars, Ice makers, refrigerators, walk in coolers, houses and one turboprop plane. I have added R290 to a little R12 in a car and it worked great. I made four different HX for my home condensing unit before I got it right and put the heat from our house into my inground pool. I sold that house and will have to do it again with our new house when the Trane warranty is up. I have an EPA refrig. lic.
Yes, anyone with some self confidence and will can make a cheap HP especially if the house is near a pond or a lot of water or a well or if they have access to a back hoe and it is not too rocky. Especially if your options are only propane or Elec. for heat. It is way cheaper to move heat around than it is to buy energy.
okpiddler is offline   Reply With Quote