View Single Post
Old 07-17-14, 09:16 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Fixing a leak in the low pressure side A/C aluminum hard line (in a car)

This is kind of off topic for this forum since its in a car, but still relevant for general heat pump repair work.

The other day I was working on a friend's 2000 Saturn LS200 sedan. I fixed his evap problem, and he then mentioned the A/C wasn't working. So, we ran to the store, bought a can of R-134a and put it in. Still nothing. We drove it back to my house, popped the hood and I listened. I tracked down the slight hiss and found a leak in one of the low pressure side aluminum hard lines.

My question is, how can I go about repairing this? I know I can replace the whole line for about $80. But, is there a simpler solution? Can I patch it with some goop and a hose clamp or something like that? How much pressure does it need to hold up to? How cold/warm does the low pressure line get?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote