View Single Post
Old 02-08-12, 11:36 AM   #88
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
These are all the results I have so far. My setup was only a test, but I would like to go forward with the idea and develop it.
Your results look promising, you should continue. Might try a cardboard shroud & lots of duct tape for the testing.

How about getting your hands on a water heater tank and using that for your reservoir? That way you could get a bit of pre-heat for your DWH, too.

I don't know what your property is like, but my little yard is a full-canopy tree-filled situation. It makes it less than ideal for GSHP, but very nice for summer time air temperature moderation. In fact, my back yard, which is where the late noon sun would normally be beating down, is usually 8 to 10 degrees cooler than the front. Everybody that drops by my house in the summer remarks as to how cool and comfortable the house is, and they love the back yard.

Have you thought about, and do you have room for lots of trees on the south & west of your house?

Maybe pears & apples and a strategically-located grape arbor along the sunny side of the house.

It is very nice to sit in a comfortable chair, in the shade of a tree and eat fruit that you grew yourself.

Good COP, too.

-AC_Hacker