View Single Post
Old 12-05-17, 03:02 PM   #644
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I have struggled with Enphase to no avail for months. I can't get past their telephone roadblock, because I don't have an Installer ID. I self-installed and I don't remember ever having an ID. I sent a registered letter that they haven't acknowledged, either. I feel like this is their way of disallowing warranty repairs.

I've contacted Blake @ Mr Solar to try and find a replacement inverter. Enphase changed the connector used to daisy chain their inverters together, so it's more difficult than I thought it would be to find a replacement. I really wish I hadn't bought anything from Enphase, it's too frustrating. Blake is searching through old inventory, and I'm hoping he finds an inverter that fits the string connectors like my 2007 & 2009 inverters have.

I didn't use Enphase for the big array. We installed a Sunny Boy 5000 and I really like it. I've had to replace 1 fuse after a lightning ground strike {right in front of the array racking}, and 1 time after a bad storm we only needed to reset a breaker the Solar Array Circuit Breaker panel. Much easier for someone not so tech savvy such as myself.
gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote