View Single Post
Old 12-13-09, 08:34 AM   #2
jimmo
Lurking Renovator

Hi, I dont know that much about washers but I will share my experience, having always had one in the home, even as a child.
As far as quality and breaking down, I dont recall ever having a lot of troubles with washers or dryers. They are all pretty much built to last a long time. Since having my own home, I have always taken "hand me downs" from other family and friends that bought new equipment but their old stuff still works. Everyone I know that buys a new washer and dryer simply does so because the new ones are more efficient or they moved and there old dryer is gas and the new home is equipped with electric or something like that.
I havent owned EVERY brand out there, as a matter of fact, only a few brands because they are so trouble free so I would read reviews and stay away from any brand that does have negative feedback.
Now as far as washing goes, the new front load style is the type I own now. I love it! It uses LESS energy AND LESS water. Also, it gets the clothes a LOT cleaner and the extra g-force in the spin cycle means you dont have to use the dryer as long so you are saving energy there too. As an added bonus, when you remove clothes from the dryer, you can fold and place them on top of the washer without covering up the door.
I cant think of one thing about my old top loaders that I liked better.
I currently have the Kenmore Elite series.
Oh, if you are gonna wash boots and sneakers, do some research on that because that is the only thing I can see that would put more wear and tear on these machines than normal use.
I hope this helps.
jimmo is offline   Reply With Quote