View Single Post
Old 05-13-14, 04:33 PM   #28
Vlad
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post
Given this evaporator coil business, the kn looks like a winner (if I can find the space). I think I would rather deal with low pressure for the coil and trap (my brazing skills are soso). When we say high pressure, how many psig are we talking?
Just make it clear. You can't feed liquid propane to first stage regulator. Propane will start evaporating there and FREEZZZZZ. This is why you add coil.

If you look at my diagram closely you will find that coil goes first and then first stage (which is built-in regulator).

KN is low pressure. You need to add first stage pressure regulator before.

Propane pressure you can expect up to 250 PSI.

If your brazing skills are so so buy Silfos 15 brazing rod. You can braze copper to copper without flux and you will need "Handy Flux" for copper to brass joints. Use propane torch or map gas.

Silfos 15 is so easy to use even monkey can do it

Brazed copper tubing is used on new high pressure refrigeration systems (800 PSI) and they vibrate 24/7/365 on compressors.

Woodward 50, Beam 50 Beam 60 are 2 stage regulators, so you feed them directly high pressure vapor after your evaporator coil.... You can actually find a small coil from refrigeration equipment and use it. You just need to find a right size.

Last edited by Vlad; 05-13-14 at 04:50 PM..
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote