View Single Post
Old 01-18-10, 08:10 PM   #245
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Hello dawnpatrol...

dawnpatrol,

Thank you for your post & welcome to the conversation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnpatrol View Post
Here in the UK we have just had a cold spell, down to - 8 C over the last few weeks and my GSHP has been great..worked like a charm, ticking away and heating the 2500 sq foot house through underfloor heating in concrete floors. I put the system in myself, it uses 2 boreholes and a 7 kw heatpump..the bore holes go down to 100 m and cost about 9000 us dollars to have drilled...it was pretty messy and in the end they had to case the second one.
That is a really good report. I heard about the awful weather you have been having, I recently set up a Free To Air (AKA:FTA) satellite TV system and Al Jazeera has done a wonderful job of getting world news out. How ever did I get along without it?

Sounds like your GSHP system is working just the way it is supposed to. You are ahead of me. When you say you put the system in yourself, how much of the job did you take on? Did you do the hydronic floors? Did you install the heat pump unit yourself? I'd really like to know more of your experience, and if you have any photos of the adventure, please feel free to include them. The "one picture is worth a thousand words" adage is certainly in effect here.

Quote:
Having got the system in I want to optimise it's running..I really want a web accessed datalogger to get the various temperatures..I have read your information on loggers..have you got any further with them? (I know you have one you built yourself)
Well, I am right in the middle of that now. I have bought a couple of boards from a place called Spark Fun and am on the verge of getting them to come to life.

The boards I have are:

1. Arduino USB Board

2. Arduino Ethernet Shield

The ethernet shield board plugs into the Arduino board. On the Arduino site there are samples of code that you can load onto the Arduino board to get demo-level performance. There is code to get the Ethernet shield to act as a web server, and code to get the Arduino board to read from a string of "1-wire" sensors. So that is where I am at right now. I'm going to a meeting tonight where some of the local Uber-Geeks quaff beer and share their knowledge.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Quote:
Please keep going with this thread..it is very useful indeed.
I got interrupted by the Free-To-Air satellite project,and by the acquisition of a small lathe and a small milling machine, which is still laying in parts on the basement floor.

I'm also in the middle of deep destruction of my kitchen.

So many projects, so little time.

And as if that weren't enough, I came home two days ago and there was an abandoned orphan on my door step... and abandoned de-humidifier. I guess the word is getting around!

Best Regards,

-AC_Hacker

%%%%%%%
Attached Images

AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote