View Single Post
Old 08-23-16, 09:50 PM   #493
tinco
Lurking Renovator

Before I start building my exchanger I want to run some numbers by you folks. The house I'm doing this for is ~60m2. The Dutch government says we should ventilate at 0.9dm3/s so that comes out at ~180m3/hour. My GF is really sensitive to stuffy atmospheres, do you think the 0.9dm3/s is good enough?

For the recuperation unit I'd go with the 300mm high Recair RS160, for a ~90% efficiency at 160 euro.

For the fan I found these (ventilatieshop.com) Soler Palau TD 160 at 100 euro rated for 180m3/h. I guess that calculation does not take into account the air has to be pushed through the recuperator. Should I go for the slightly stronger model that's rated to do 240m3/h for 180 euro? It seems the stronger model is also more power efficient. Does it make sense to think of it that way or do the fans always put through the same amount of air, and just take more power to push through the recuperator (and any network of airducts)? Would it perhaps be smarter to for example have two of the weaker ones in series or parallel?

On the Dutch ebay/craigslist (marktplaats) I also found a (canfan.nl/cfrk100l.html) Can Fan 100L RK which is plenty powerful but it seems it takes 66W which seems like a lot, it also doesn't say much about noise, apart that they claim the design reduces noise.

I haven't read much here about fan power efficiency, it seems like it's really important since they're basically always on in a balance ventilation system and they can differ as much as 25-66W.
tinco is offline   Reply With Quote