View Single Post
Old 03-01-11, 08:02 PM   #620
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Beam Me Up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by okpiddler View Post
I'd like to learn some of the electronic logging and controls anyways.

So you're interested in the Arduino stuff, are ya?

OK, there's a hardware part and a software part.

I can point you in the right direction, but you're going to have to do some homework on your own.

The lucky part is that the Arduino stuff is very popular, so you'll have so many places to get information that you won't know whether to shift or go blind.

So, if you get into this stuff, you need to realize that you'll need to talk to some experts along the way, and they will probably be 13 years old and will know more about this stuff than you or I ever will, so keep your humble hat close by, you're gonna need it.

[* EDIT (11-11-11): Since this post, an inexpensive controller with a web interface has been found. Xringer has posted a thread where he gives a pretty good introduction to the controller including sources of interface devices that make it very useful. *]

Regards,

-AC_Hacker

P.S.: Once you get your sea legs, Strider3700 is doing a great data logging project over here.

P.P.S.: I could post the schematic and the source code to the delay control here, but you probably wouldn't know what to do with it quit yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 11-11-11 at 11:00 AM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote