Thread: Eco-Garage
View Single Post
Old 06-14-15, 09:19 AM   #22
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

I also figured out how to use a spreadsheet to make a chart.
I entered the production estimate from PVWatts and my use from the last 12 months (from my electric bill statements) to make a chart.

The Green line shows how much energy I have used per month over the last year. The Blue line is the predicted energy production.

I would be overproducing almost the entire year, only using more than I would produce in the winter, when the sun is so low in the sky.

Oddly, there is a valley in the production line in November. That's the cloudiest month of the year in my area, as well as heading towards the winter solstice. December has more sun than November. Good to know that the software actually takes in to account real local weather patterns.

The software also accounts for a general amount of inefficiency, but does NOT have any shading info in it. I expect to have a clear view of the sky all morning, but the trees on the far west side of my property are likely to create some shading towards the end of the day at certain parts of the year.

The production spike in March looks unusual, but it's typically very sunny in March. Not sure why else it would spike though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Daox (07-14-15)