View Single Post
Old 11-03-16, 07:45 PM   #5
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

I've been using a Bosch tankless (battery operated ignition) for almost 20 years.

Mine is a lower efficiency style, but except for an early ignition coil failure, it's been efficient hot water all the way.

I agree with above comments about the size being way too big. I believe the original thinking was to design a tankless that could be 'dropped-in' and replace a full four person family's DHW demands.

But you are not four people, and you are not likely to wash clothes, while you shower, while the dishwasher is running, while someone washes their hands.

I have looked at some of the Chinese units on ebay, and I think that for a guy living alone, one of those units would do it better than the whole house units.

Another consideration is that they do NOT supply instant hot water, there is a heating up curve. Not impossible, but it is there.

It is to your benefit to locate your tankless water heater as close as possible to the most frequently used water outlet. This is not the same as the highest volume outlet.

Good luck,

-AC_Hacker