View Single Post
Old 01-04-13, 03:51 PM   #23
TimSmall
Geek about the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiesche View Post
No, I've never seen that system
Looks interesting - in the end, it seems similar to what I did, only using an Arduino instead of the Pi.
You do have the option of purely running it on a Linux box (with a web UI) too. Might still be worth looking at merging the two bits of code - I'm sure the lead home climate control developer would be interested in your system either way, if you posted to the mailing list...

I'm planning to control actuators (both mo-mo type, and wax capsule), and also to measure various flow/return temps, and the outside temperature too (plus maybe solar radiation strength to avoid overheating the high-thermal-mass zones on sunny mornings).

The gas boiler (AKA heater, furnace etc.) which I'm using has a pretty sophisticated API, and I'll set the set-point flow temperature down to the minimum necessary to maximise efficiency (do a google image search for "condensing boiler return temperature efficiency" e.g.

etc. - I'm planning a setup without a mixing valve for this reason...

Quote:
I've not looked at the I2C bridges
They're quite handy in that they give you 8 1-wire busses for each i2c connection. I guy I know ("wookey" - he might turn up here later, since he's planning his UFH system at the moment) used them a few years ago to connect his ARM "BalloonBoard" to some Dallas 1-wire sensors for his solar thermal monitoring and control system.

Tim.

Last edited by TimSmall; 01-04-13 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: typo plus clarification
TimSmall is offline   Reply With Quote