View Single Post
Old 09-30-11, 11:45 PM   #4
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
Which is almost what I'm doing right now. Turning off the Sanyo below 5deg Fand turning on the oil heat (forced baseboard hot-water). I just call it the Hybrid Mode.
You'll need a lot more radiant area if you expect to successfully drive your hydronic heaters with your Sanyo. It just won't produce the same high feed temps as your oil burner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
Having the HydroBox outdoors might be a good idea, just in case the
government gets really crazy and outlaws R410A, and forces us to use R290.
Well, R-410a was meant to solve the problem of destroying the ozone layer, which it did. In fact, G.H.W.Bush couldn't be concerned with ozone depletion until a hole in the ozone opened up over Kinnebunkport, ME, which is where the Bush family vacation home is located. Then he took it serious.

Problem is that R-410a is a very serious global warming gas, and it takes a very long time to break down.

Propane and Butane are both good refrigerant gases, but there is the no harm to either the ozone or global warming.

Carbon Dioxide is a great refrigerant gas, no ozone problem and eventually it gets taken up by plants. But no corporation has a patent on it, so revenues will suffer.

Too bad that these problems can't be wished away. It would be so much easier that way.

-AC_Hacker

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 10-01-11 at 12:00 AM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote