View Single Post
Old 11-29-14, 12:17 PM   #18
Quest
Apprentice EcoRenovator

*update*

It's been 3+yrs since my first application of Gila film on my various sun-facing window (panes), and they have been holding up very, very well so far.

Other than the master bathroom (1 of them corners slightly peeled off, around 1/4 " corner) due to rather frequent moisture exposure, which at this stage I wouldn't bother with them until summer comes and I'll get an exacto knife and trim it off carefully, all others are doing extremely well. No milky results, no film turning yellow, nada.

Good luck on those who are pursuing this direction.

BTW: I too, used ammonia-based cleaner to perform the initial grime/grease stripping. My difference is that during application, I made the glass pane surface very, very wet with water spray mixed with baby shampoo before applying the film, and then with a hard plastic card and some mechanic's blue paper towel: I scrape the inside of the film to rid of the trapped bubbles, until the film is fairly clear of big bubbles. All smaller bubbles, as the film dry and the moisture trapped within the film and the glass pane, will eventually go away and smooth out the film.

Q.
Quest is offline   Reply With Quote