View Single Post
Old 09-26-11, 10:34 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default What is your average kWh/day usage?

I'm curious what others are using and what their goals for electric usage are. I'm talking just about electricity here. Please note what appliances use electricity vs gas or whatever else you use.

It is just me and my wife in the house, and we both work. We have a gas furnace, gas water heater, gas dryer, electric oven but gas range. My previous goal with this setup was to get under 10 kWh per day. I achieved that pretty easily during the week with usage around 7-10 kWh and usually just over that 10-13 kWh on the weekends.

Not long ago, I replaced my old inefficient (and leaking) gas hot water heater with on demand electric water heater. Since then my usage has averaged just a hair under 16 kWh per day. I recently got a plugin conversion kit working for my Prius and that eats up just under 2kWh during the weekdays. However, last month I didn't see a 2kWh increase in my average which I'm quite happy about. I'm thinking a new goal is to get that under 15 kWh per day now.

What are the rest of you using? I have no idea if this is good consumption or bad. I've seen higher numbers used, but I have no context to compare them to. Perhaps that person doesn't use gas at all. According to my utility's information I'm below average for my area, but again that doesn't take into account the variables.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote