View Single Post
Old 01-08-16, 10:35 AM   #23
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

No I will not get the Bolt. I just really like EV’s I really hope the take off and more people buy them. I really like all brands EV. I think combining solar and an EV it just the coolest thing. Even with the gas prices cheaper we still save a fair amount each month.

We now have 46,689 solar power EV miles so far with a total 57,950 miles.

We live outside of town so even a 200 mile range will not be enough for us. The ideal car for us would be the new Volt but with faster charging. We take our Volt to Atlanta GA, NC and think nothing of it.

If we keep our current Volt to at least 100K EV miles it will have paid for itself in savings. I hope to have it do exactly that.

Yes it has a bigger battery. The Volt battery charges in 4 hours at 3.3 Kw charging
“we’re told that the battery pack will charge in 9 hours at 32 amps and 240 volts. With a level 2 charger, the Bolt EV can get an 80-percent charge in 60 minutes “

I used volt is such a great deal. I would have bought a used one but when I got mine they were selling for very close to the price of a new one after tax incentives. (This is not true anymore.)

If you shop around you can find a used volt for a great deal the will get even cheaper soon as the 2017 Volt hits the markets in Feb.

New Chevy Bolt info.
http://www.chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-ele...16_14547493534

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 01-20-16 at 11:59 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote