View Single Post
Old 08-20-17, 09:29 AM   #152
Roostre
EcoLearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdun View Post

Roostre,
I noticed in December/January on your SolarEdge Dashboard that there's many days with zero power production. Were those simply days where snow covered your panels? One gap is like a week long, I'm wondering if you were having internet connectivity issues with your inverter or if it was snow.

Rocky Mountain Power installed my net meter on Monday this week so now I'm online and have a couple days worth of data. You can see my public Dashboard here https://monitoringpublic.solaredge.c...cus#/dashboard

It's interesting to me to look at your power production vs mine and see how the clouds move across our panels since we're only about 5 miles apart. For instance look at the dip in the afternoon yesterday in my attached image.
Yes, when the panels are covered with snow there are days when they never kick on. It doesn't take much uncovered to power them up, but those days the snow was deep and thick.

Even if you have internet connectivity issues; the Solaredge system goes back an fills in the missing data. I found this out after a few days of nothing due to some new wifi security software.

I couldn't really see your attachment, so I grabbed these:

Your system:

HaunSolar:

My guess is that the randomness of the clouds we have been having play into it. We also seem to be getting a lot of monsoon thunderbursts that are very localized.

Happy to hear you are up and running!! Enjoy your new system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please don't use photobucket... there are a ton of good posts on here that make no sense because the picture is locked by photobucket's paywall.
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote